Subject: Re: [boost] GNOME outreachy
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-26 03:35:04

Andrey Semashev Via Boost wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 2:37 AM, Bryce Adelstein Lelbach aka wash via
> Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Niall Douglas wrote:
>>> I don't get how diversity is improved by excluding anyone who isn't a US
>> resident. Or any of the other groups Outreachy excludes.
>>
>> It brings more people into the community, from demographic groups that are
>> historically underrepresented.
> What prevents those groups from being normally represented in Boost
> community? We don't ban people based on race or religion or gender or
> sexual orientation or whatever. Neither do we require people announce
> any of these personal aspects. So why do we need a program that does
> exercise such preference?
>
> Boost is about C++, it is open to everyone who is interested in C++
> and is generally a nice person and it should stay that way. I don't
> want Boost being associated with LGBT, race, political or whatever
> other activism, except for moving C++ forward.

I fully agree.

Please don't inject any idology into C++ (no matter which one) because
the next logical step of such endeavour is discussion about which one is
the best, then attempts to apply principles from it, and the only
outcome you'll bring will be division. I value Boost, appreciate being a
contributor and would prefer it to stay this way.

Adam