Subject: Re: [boost] Add an adapter to cover fast bit functions
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-28 04:12:54

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 at 02:23, Evgeny Shulgin [Izaron] via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > - For unit tests, it's better to use a prng instead of random_device.
> > non-deterministic tests make it more difficult to reproduce
> > test failures.
> I'll change it, sounds good.

 Yes, it sound good, but is it? I've been burned more than once by
developing and testing a feature for something, thinking all was good and
then remarkably stuff did not work in the real world. Ah, another seed
would have caught this bug. I think some fuzzy testing is good, and you
said it yourself (and the advice), the test has to be re-producible.
Marrying the two is not impossible, but needs some thought, design and some
more code.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*
*“No, it isn’t truth. Truth isn’t truth" - Rudolph W. L. Giuliani*