Subject: Re: [boost] 1.68 Getting Started links to 1.67
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-28 10:57:40

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 at 13:43, Mike Dev via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> ... and I don't know, which compilers are supported on mac.
>

>From what I gather, clang is old on mac, they just give it a higher release
number, so it looks cool. They are on 9 or something like that (but it's 4
actually). Drink more apple-kool-aid and you will be ok (and please buy a
apple watch as well)!

I think usage with mingw on windows requires some manual configuration,
> but as it is cmake based, I would be surprised if it didn't work.

I think the idea is that all will go the cmake (as the only) way, but it is
not all like that at the moment, not yet.

Well, if there was an easy way to tell vcpkg, with which language
> level to build boost with, I would agree, but it is definitively
> good enough and much better than the binary distribution.

This problem has been signaled and recognized as a problem and I'm
confident in time (given the enthusiasm and relentless efforts of Robert S.
and Alex K., possibly not very long from now) will be addressed.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*
*“No, it isn’t truth. Truth isn’t truth" - Rudolph W. L. Giuliani*