Subject: Re: [boost] 1.68 Getting Started links to 1.67
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-28 12:44:01

On 08/28/18 13:18, degski wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 at 13:14, Andrey Semashev via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden] <mailto:boost_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> AFAIK, vcpkg is MSVC-specific. Not all Windows users use MSVC.
>
> Did you fact-check that assertion?

Yes, Visual Studio is listed as a prerequisite here:

https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg

> The direction vcpkg is going, does
> not stack up with your assertion, in general. Check the issues and
> you'll see what I mean.

The direction is not the current state of affairs and you're suggesting
changing the current recommendadions.

I don't mind *adding* vcpkg as one possible way to install Boost. I just
want there to be options for people who don't use MSVC or vcpkg. The
most basic option is downloading sources and building Boost yourself. I
think, it should be preserved.