Subject: Re: [boost] Let's stop distributing binaries
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-30 05:47:22

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 at 05:41, Tom Kent via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> 3) I'd like to (when I can find the time) start pushing the binaries for
> each release into some of the new package management systems (conan, vcpkg,
> etc).

vcpkg does not do binary distributions, but it has boost in it's list of
packages. They also go by Robert's idea to simply provide the latest and
the greatest, no if but or maybe's. One does not need to be a rocket
scientist to figure out that, when talking about going forward, Microsoft
will eventually fully integrate vcpkg into Visual Studio, once vcpkg has
left the infant stage. GitHub and CMake are already fully integrated into
Visual Studio, the next step seems obvious. It constitutes a coherent and
deliberate strategy from where I'm sitting.

degski
PS: I don't know, whether Kitware Inc. has any publicly traded shares, but
if so, now seems a good time to buy them.

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*
*“No, it isn’t truth. Truth isn’t truth" - Rudolph W. L. Giuliani*