Subject: Re: [boost] [ublas] Supporting DNNs with Tensors/Multidimensional Arrays
From: David Bellot (david.bellot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-01 09:54:00

> 1. if it make sense for boost to support basic operations for DNNs?
> 2. what are the obligatory, necessary basic operations for creating DNN
> building blocks?
> 3. if there are any additional data structure parameters that needs to be
> added for (efficiently) supporting DNNs?

DNN are certainly interesting models in machine learning, but they
represent a very small part of what we can do and what really works in real
life.
Tensors can be applied to many more situations. On top of it, tensors can
be applied to many other field of science.

What would be interesting is to start thinking more generically and not
focus too much on just DNN, especially if we want to have machine learning
in ublas (which was another successful GSOC this year by the way).

I'm glad to see we have tensors, I'm happy to see we have basics stats and
ML.
Let's go to the next step and have some more numerical techniques related
to linear algebra in ublas.

Open discussion now .....

David