Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Pull request announcement
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-14 14:27:21

Hi Mike,

On 2018-09-14 07:44 AM, Mike Dev via Boost wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> unless I'm encountering an overwhelming resistance to this idea
> here on the ml, I intend to create a batch of PRs that introduce
> minimal cmake support to a large subset of boost libraries
> (maybe even all).

I don't want to come across as rude, but I have to admit that I'm quite
annoyed about the still ongoing debate, where everyone remains enclosed
in his own mindset. You can look up the arguments in the archives. I
can't of course stop you from submitting PRs, but I'm not going to merge
a new build logic into my repos if I don't feel comfortable maintaining
them. Having to maintain the b2 infrastructure is already painful enough.

I can't stress this enough, so I'm repeating it yet again: I'm not
against new things added to Boost. I'm against them being added
whole-sale, to all of the >150 libs at once. This issue can only be
resolved by us collectively stopping to think (and act) as if Boost was
a monolith. I don't mind what processes and tools other Boost projects
use, but please don't force me to use yours.

Thanks,

Stefan