Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Pull request announcement
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-14 16:31:19

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 at 18:14, Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >> The major problem I see are the variants.
> >>
> >> - b2 can build multiple variants in one go (static, dynamic, runtimes...)
> >> - Encoding these variants has to be reflected in the target names/aliases
> >
> > CMake fundamentally doesn't work this way.
>
> Via targets and modern cmake, it very easily can.

Folks,

If this thread is going to be another general discussion about what
CMake can or can not do in comparison go Boost.Build,
or why person X prefers one over another and why person Y disagrees,
then please, FFS, change the subject line, at least.

Thank you!

Best regards,