Subject: [boost] CMake in Boost
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-14 20:27:10

Many have expressed the desire that Boost support CMake. The Boost Board
of Directors has emitted some sort of resolution to this effect - it's
been a year.

I would like to see progress in this direction. To this end I propose
the following:

a) Boost announce that a review of proposals to incorporate CMake into
boost will be held in January 2019. This will follow customary Boost
practices.

b) Those who are willing and able to submit code/documentation and
whatever else in necessary should do so before this date. I would
anticipate at least two such submissions. As is the case with other
reviews, I would not exist such submissions to be totally complete. But
I would expect that they include enough for reviewers to test and
practice with the proposed system.

c) Prior to this discussions can be held on the list regarding the scope
of such an effort. The review manager will distill these discussions to
a statement of scope. This will be posted around 30 October 2018.

I nominate myself (Robert Ramey) as review manager in this instance.

Why would I do this?

a) Boost needs this
b) I've never been a review manager
c) I'm a masochistic idiot.