Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Pull request announcement
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-16 18:19:49

> Instead of reposting pros/cons here again to make it into yet another
> forgotten post,
> those who care and need it should create a table on wiki with clear
> structured comparison.

It seems to me that the putative review manager (Robert) should canvass
for solutions (there appear to be at least three now), do a quick check
of them to see what tradeoffs each has, and make that table summarising
their different approaches. He then could take a quick straw poll of
here to see which set of tradeoffs the community dislikes least, and
encourage that author to get their solution ready for review by an
agreed date.

Some have argued that all this is too confusing. It is in my opinion no
different to any other Boost library. Somebody becomes willing to invest
the time and effort to get a solution to a problem past review.
Whichever successfully passes muster here is what we adopt. It's exactly
the same as any other Boost library, and calling on the Steering
Committee to declare a design by decree is the wrong way of doing this.

Niall