Subject: [boost] Interest in Unicode library for Boost?
From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-23 04:45:54

I've been working on a Unicode library for submission to Boost, with an eye
toward standardizing robust Unicode support for C++.

It started as a better string library for namespace "std2", with minimal
Unicode support. Though "std2" may never happen, those string types are
still in there, and the library has grown to also include all the Unicode
features most users will ever need.

You can find the Github page here: https://github.com/tzlaine/text

You can find the online docs here: https://tzlaine.github.io/text

If you care about portable Unicode support, or even addressing the
embarrassment of being the only major production language with next to no
Unicode support, please have a look and provide feedback.

I gave a talk about this at C++Now in May, though it's a bit out of date,
as the library was not then finished. It's three hours, so, y'know, maybe
skip it. For completeness' sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=944GjKxwMBo&index=7&list=PL_AKIMJc4roVSbTTfHReQTl1dc9ms0lWH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2xMAqCZL8&list=PL_AKIMJc4roVSbTTfHReQTl1dc9ms0lWH&index=8

Zach