Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Pull request announcement
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-26 17:28:46

Hi Kostiantyn,

On 2018-09-26 12:36 PM, Kostiantyn Ponomarenko via Boost wrote:
> I read this conversion and thought that it might be the proper place
> and time to ask this question (sorry, if it's not).
> Is there any chance that Boost becomes more modular in a way if I need
> just a few libs (or only one), I am not forced to get all of the libs
> in boost?

Short answer: yes.
Longer answer: At least to some people here, modularity is a concern,
and one of the contentious points in this whole BB vs. CMake debate is
precisely whether we need to decide for all of Boost at once, or whether
we can decouple individual Boost projects to the point where they can
determine autonomously whether to move to CMake or not.
But, that's all under discussion, and even the question whether such
modularity is desirable creates...animated discussions.

Personally I'd go as far as suggesting that it be a requirement for any
new build tool proposal that individual projects be compilable (and
installable) individually.

Stefan