Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Pull request announcement
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-26 17:59:27

On 26.09.18 18:36, Kostiantyn Ponomarenko via Boost wrote:
> I read this conversion and thought that it might be the proper place
> and time to ask this question (sorry, if it's not).
> Is there any chance that Boost becomes more modular in a way if I need
> just a few libs (or only one), I am not forced to get all of the libs
> in boost?

Hi,

 From your user perspective, how do you want this implemented? (just a
question).

With the changes I am proposing (sorry for self promotion, see
https://github.com/raffienficiaud/boost-cmake), I can:

* create a cmake build tree only for a subset of boost. Say you want to
compile only library X that depends on other libraries Y and Z, and only
X,Y and Z will be added to the cmake project. This is already in place.
* create a stub from cmake that automatically checks out the required
dependencies. This needs to be added, but should be easy to do.

Is this second use case a good scenario for you?

Raffi