Subject: Re: [boost] Boost xxhr ? High level http client library
From: Damien Buhl (damien.buhl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-12 09:10:33

On 29/09/2018 21:11, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 1:59 AM Damien Buhl via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I would be really interested in a pre-review or some feedback
> I had a look and I this your library would benefit from a strong
> separation of concerns. For example the Beast "session backend" has
> code related to multi-part encodings. In my opinion this would be more
> useful if it was a separate, well-defined interface that had nothing
> to do with Beast or Asio. The same principle applies to other code in
> the implementation, such as following redirects. Designing code to
> handle redirects as a set of free functions which operate on
> `beast::http::response` objects would be generally helpful, and as an
> added bonus would allow you to more easily write unit tests.
>
> Overall this library looks like it is off to a promising start!
>
> Regards

Thanks for this first review, indeed refactoring the session backend and
extracting the bits that are too specific would make sense.

Is there in Beast a way to do the multipart encoding ? Or would it be of
interest if I first factor it out and implement it in a more robust way
so that it may enter once Beast ? Or is multipart something you don't
see in Beast ?

Cheers