Subject: Re: [boost] Installing CMake configuration files
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-17 22:19:24

On 10/17/18 6:11 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
>> Wait. Are you saying you first want to get a Boost release out that's
>> entirely built with CMake, but built monolithically as in the past ?
>
> No. This is about installing CMake support files as part of the
> existing `b2 install` such that the so-installed Boost can be used
> from CMake projects.
>
> Roughly speaking, this consists of teaching Boost.Build to install
> libboost_foo.cmake alongside libboost_foo.a.

OK, that's not as bad as I had feared. :-)

[ I'm very happy to see some effort being put into modularization, but I
do wonder why we couldn't do the same for Boost.Build itself. That is,
I'd like to be able to declare explicitly in my Jamfile that my project
X depends on project Y and Z, which should be enough to pull in all
"usage requirements" (including include and library search paths) from
those prerequisites, so no matter where they are (in the same source
tree or pre-built and installed), I can run the build. ]

Stefan