Subject: Re: [boost] Fwd: Installing CMake configuration files
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-20 19:49:47

On 10/20/18 3:40 PM, Steven Watanabe via Boost wrote:
> It's easy enough to detect by checking for the
> presence of build/Jamfile. I don't see any way
> to poke the dependency in externally, though.
> If we're going to have to modify everything anyway,
> we might as well give up on making the changes
> incremental.

Not sure whether I understand all the details of what you are doing, but
it sounds like the change to remove references to the "root" could be
implemented incrementally, if you follow the dependency ordering. That
is, if you start with the low-level Boost libraries that don't have any
(Boost) dependencies (let's call the "core" for the moment), then do the
next round of changes by addressing all those that only depend on
"core", etc., you could incrementally eliminate the /hoost/headers
requirement from all Boost libs.

Stefan