Subject: Re: [boost] Invitation to join the C++ chat community!
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-23 10:55:25

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 12:50, Sergey Popov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 10:38:59 +0200 Mateusz Loskot via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > I understand this may be of little if no help, but you can use
> > multi-service clients.
> > For instance, I get all you mentioned covered with Rambox.
>
> It looks nifty but still a server-side solution will be more convenient
> for everyone, including people using a service's native client. Even
> with multi-protocol client rooms are not merged and conversations
> between people across services are not possible thus fragmenting
> communities since some people will stick to single service, or not use
> a multi-protocol client.

I'll quote myself from one discussion on, well, #meta_slack channel on
the Slack:

"""
Matrix idea is great, seems like a perfect match for open source
oriented community,
but its application is not free from hurdles.
Who should run the server?
Who will host our data?
Who will be responsible and liable?
If there is a C++ Foundation then we could employ the body to work things out,
even with voluntary efforts to implement it. (edited)

It just seems easier organizationally to pay Slack
"""

Best regards,