Subject: Re: [boost] The future and present of Boost
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-23 11:14:31

+1,

but I failed to persuade the British Standards C++ group that this was precisely the sort of thing that WG21 should NOT be doing (but Boost might but hasn't).

I put the highest priority for WG21 on Herb Sutters et al proposal to formally specify the language (effectively in C++ (C++++?) itself) rather than continue to fumble with language standardese that you can't automatically reason about.

Boost still has a valuable role as a discoverer of language enhancements that are needed.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse