Subject: Re: [boost] The future and present of Boost
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-25 08:04:44

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 18:44, Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> The point is that "C++11" is not useful as a requirement when it comes to
> MSVC, we need to pick a specific minimum version. 2013 is a good
> approximation of "C++11", I suppose.

No, it is not, you'll still have lots of work-arounds [because support is
patchy and buggy, and to be more blunt. it [the compiler and the STL]
simply violates the standard left, right and middle], and you'll get zero
response from MS reporting anything. Test stuff with the latest and the
greatest and you'll have their full attention.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*