Subject: [boost] Boost.CI for Boost Repository Build Quality
From: James E. King III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-05 13:34:47

Continuous Integration is a modern cornerstone of delivering quality
results in software engineering. When I started getting involved in boost
as a maintainer (instead of a long-time consumer) it became a goal to get
CI into as many repositories as possible. CI allows submitters to
self-check their code changes without bothering the maintainer(s) of each
repository. It eases the burden for maintainers as they can focus more on
code review, and less on manual machinations to validate changes (by
running code locally in their own environments). The wide coverage of
builds in Boost.CI has helped identify a number of issues and improved the
quality of those repositories. Performing these tests and analyses before
code is merged catches issues earlier (but is not as comprehensive as the
test matrix in terms of platform support due to limitations in the CI
providers).

Given that the Travis CI and AppVeyor builds for almost all the CMT
repositories (and a few others) are using Boost.CI, it's proper place is
under the "boostorg/" GitHub organization. Right now it's under my GitHub
account, but I would like to move it to a more official location.

https://github.com/jeking3/boost-ci

Thanks,

Jim