Subject: Re: [boost] [parameter] Go C++11 and above only, or keep C++03 support?
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-05 13:37:34

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 14:26, Paul A. Bristow via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> then you should do so, in order to avoid, as RyanAir CEO Michael O'Leary
> put it
>
> "We should try to eliminate things that unnecessarily piss people off,"
>
> (See
> https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ryanair/ryanair-unveils-new-strategy-be-nice-to-customers-idUSBRE98J0DF20130920
> for sordid
> details)

Michael O'Leary talks a lot of shit, the quoted article is from 2013, in
the meanwhile Michael O'Leary has come up with ideas like [but not limited
to], travel standing up (strapped in on departure and arrival), paying to
go to the loo and of course the 6-monthly change in baggage-policy [can he
ever make up his mind?]. His company also violates [continuously] EU labor-
and tax-law, basically takes people for granted, both personnel and
customers, and makes DT look civilized. Let's not try and learn from
Michael O'Leary, because in that case you'd have to pay extra to have C++03
support and Boost would be fully C++17.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*