Subject: Re: [boost] [release] many release notes pending
From: James E. King III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-09 16:06:02

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 10:52 AM Vinnie Falco via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 2:43 AM Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Maybe some other protocol is needed for handling release notes.
>
> You mean, like, merging them?
>
> Regards

I think a better strategy would be to define release notes in yaml in each
repository and then
have the website builder scrape those release notes. Merging them all into
a single file is not
working and clearly more work than should be required.

"1_69_0":
    - note: Added perfect forwarding support.
      type: normal
      links:
        - type: trac
          id: 13345
        - type: github-issue
          id: 21
        - type: github-pr
          id: 42
    - note: Removed public interface.
      type: breaking
    - note: Deprecated such-and-such.
      type: deprecation

We could have a Cebrerus schema validator file (in boostorg/website) for
the release note language.
The website build could fail (optionally) if any of the release notes did
not meet the validator.

- Jim