Subject: Re: [boost] Current Guidance on Compiler Warnings?
From: James E. King III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-19 20:15:45

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:44 PM John Maddock via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 19/11/2018 19:20, Brian Kuhl via Boost wrote:
> > I'd like to confirm the guidance on Warnings I find here
> > https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/Guidelines/WarningsGuidelines
> > is still considered current?
>

> More or less - the advice could use updating, and each new compiler
> release brings new warnings, some busy-body some not, so it's a constant
> struggle to catch up.
>
> Speaking for myself I'm happy to fix or suppress (as appropriate)
> warnings in my stuff, so bring on the PR's I would say ;)
>
> Of course you may have to nag the community maintenance team if you're
> submitting PR's against unmaintained libraries.
>
> HTH, John.

Nagging will not be required; I prefer warning-free builds as well.
None of the CMT repositories use "warnings-as-errors" as a build setting
however,
so the CI builds will not test or guarantee no warnings. Would love to get
there.
A list of CMT repositories can be found here:
https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/CommunityMaintenance

- Jim