Subject: Re: [boost] Geometry path length breaking windows regression runs
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-23 02:21:26

Hi Tom,

Tom Kent Via Boost wrote:
> There has been a change to the geometry library, sometime around Nov 14,
> that is causing the windows regression runners I manage to crash. The issue
> is that it is creating *very* long filesystem paths, even with the
> regression --abbreviate-paths option set.
>
> There are a bunch of files such as:
> D:\teeks99-08\run\results\boost\bin.v2\libs\geometry\test\self_contained_headers\self-contained-algorithms-detail-buffer-buffered_piece_collection~hpp.test\msvc-14.1\dbg\adrs-mdl-64\async-excpt-on\thrd-mlt\self-contained-algorithms-detail-buffer-buffered_piece_collection~hpp.obj.rsp
>
> That seem to be created alright, but when I try to cleanup the run
> afterwards, windows doesn't allow me to delete the files.

This was an attempt to test the library WRT violation of Boost headers
policy. In particular: "Make sure that a translation unit consisting of
just the contents of the header file will compile successfully". We
noticed that they're causing trouble and they are no longer run by default.

This is the commit disabling the tests:

https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/commit/b432f28d9469903d2a8019db5a4c9036e995b82e

which AFAIU corresponds to this Boost commit:

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/commit/f8d41ca2c09c3f773b1efeb7e87c205fad93d600

which should be safe for testing. Sorry for inconvenience. If you
require some additional help please let me know.

Adam