Subject: [boost] [parameter] Helping user libraries adjust to recent changes in GitHub develop branch
From: Cromwell Enage (cromwell.enage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-20 22:42:57

Hi, everyone!

I've been contributing upgrades to Boost.Parameter functionality and
documentation in the GitHub develop branch for the past couple of months.
These upgrades include the addition of code generation macros for
Boost.Parameter-enabled function call operators and support for perfect
forwarding, and more upgrades are yet to come. It's been an enjoyable
experience so far, but understandably there are some growing pains. I've
taken pains to ensure that as long as user libraries access only the public
interface of Boost.Parameter, they won't be affected by the changes.
However, there are several notable libraries that currently use non-public
portions of Boost.Parameter, so whenever possible I've submitted PRs to
those libraries that either change the usage to access only public portions
(preferred) or make quick fixes (temporary).

I'm drawing off Peter Dimov's page <
https://pdimov.github.io/boostdep-report/develop/parameter.html> as a guide
to focus my efforts. As of this writing, I have active PRs for the
following libraries:

Boost.Convert
Boost.Graph
Boost.Lockfree

I also have my eye on the following libraries, which I know have been
broken by the latest changes:

Boost.Accumulators
Boost.Log

I'm willing to help the library maintainers resolve these issues as quickly
as possible. This post can serve as a discussion starting point, and I
should be able to answer any questions you have about the changes to
Boost.Parameter.

Cromwell D. Enage