Subject: Re: [boost] Coordinating Parameter 'master' merging for dependent libraries
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-02-02 00:02:36

On 2/2/19 1:16 AM, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:

> Since the merging for other libraries dependent on Parameter must be
> synced to the merging of Parameter from 'develop' to 'master' what is
> the best way to go about this ? Obviously I have first to merge
> Cromwell's changes from 'develop' to 'master', which is easily done. How
> should I inform other libraries that they need to merge their Parameter
> dependent 'develop' changes to 'master' ? Should I create PRs for doing
> this ? We do not normally create PRs for the 'master' branch of any
> Boost library. Should I create Issues for those other libraries and hope
> the maintainers of the other libraries will take the appropriate action
> ? Or should I inform the maintainers of the other libraries in this
> thread, and prompt them to review their changes here to get them to
> merge them from 'develop' to 'master' ?

I did create "Merge develop to master" kind of PRs for some libraries.
I'm not sure how convenient it is for other library maintainers, but
even if they prefer to merge themselves, the PR can simply serve as a
reminder, the same way a ticket does. There's no obligation to actually
merge that PR.

> The other libraries involved are: Accumulators, Log, Convert, Lockfree,
> Signals2, and Graph.

Boost.Log is already merged. Its develop and master are the same and are
compatible with both Boost.Parameter develop and master.