Subject: Re: [boost] [GIL] Contribution to the library.
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-02-21 08:46:42

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 09:17, Gaurav Hoskote via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> This is to inform the concerned authority that I am willing to participate
> in GSOC 2019 and wish to contribute to the GIL library. I am a final year
> student and have good understanding of operations like Thresholding,
> Morphology and various filters. I have an idea of how the library works and
> I wish to contribute to it under the guidance of a mentor.

Hi Gaurav and welcome to Boost and Boost.GIL!

Here are a few references you should find useful
while working on your proposal:

1. I suggest you to read through the Boost GSoC overview,
especially the "What students should do now" section
and pages linked from there

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Overview

2. Add overview of your proposal to Boost.GIL section here
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019

3. Check GIL's README; you may consider subscribing to
boost-gil list and joining the Gitter room
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/README.md#community

4. Become familar with GIL's development guidelines
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING.md

If you have any questions related to any of those resources,
please, do not hesitate to ask!

Good luck!

Best regards,