Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2019: we're in again!
From: Damian Vicino (damian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-02-26 13:29:56

> The boost::date_time library needs enhancements in the timezone handling
> area.
> Specifically, the existing timezone database is not capable of handling the
> date-based
> shifts that happen when timezones legally change. One possibility is to
> rewrite the timezone
> handling code. There is an open issue on GitHub which has received a
> couple thumbs
> up from the community:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/date_time/issues/67
>
> Would something like this qualify?
>
> - Jim

There is a few proposals already in
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019 that you
can use as reference.
It is not 100% clear from the ticket what needs to be done, but it seems
like a good motivator for a GSOC, my only concern is that it may not be big
enough to keep someone working full time on it for about 3 months. However,
you can certainly extend the scope to make it fit.