Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2019: we're in again!
From: James E. King III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-02-26 01:32:53

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 7:16 PM David Bellot via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Dear Boost community,
>
> this year again, Boost C++ has been accepted as a mentor organization for
> the Google Summer of Code 2019.
>
> We are very happy to be part of this program every year because it brings
> talented students and a substantial amount of money to our organization to
> support our work toward the best libraries in C++.
>
> If you want to be a mentor, please propose your project now here:
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019
>
> It's very important to write your proposal as soon as possible to attract
> the best students. If you have any questions, please contact me
> immediately. If you happen to be in Sydney, come and have a chat with me
> directly.
>
> Happy coding,
> David

The boost::date_time library needs enhancements in the timezone handling
area.
Specifically, the existing timezone database is not capable of handling the
date-based
shifts that happen when timezones legally change. One possibility is to
rewrite the timezone
handling code. There is an open issue on GitHub which has received a
couple thumbs
up from the community:

https://github.com/boostorg/date_time/issues/67

Would something like this qualify?