Subject: Re: [boost] [Release] Boost 1.70.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 2
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-10 00:57:12

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> > - I need to add <install-dependencies>on to
> > https://github.com/boostorg/boost_install/blob/develop/boost-install.jam#L885

Like this?

https://github.com/boostorg/boost_install/commit/5bc0961483e5b95b72032e2c3439a7a9be7134f2

> That's the quick fix. I bet there's no CMake file for zlib either,
> though.

Yes, of course. This only takes care of the regression. If we want to
support Iostreams built against our own zlib/bzlip2/zstd/lzma from CMake,
we'll have to boost-install them somehow. But that's not something we
absolutely need in 1.70 as long as it doesn't regress.

And we probably need to think about it a bit more, because putting the
responsibility for calling `boost-install boost_zlib` on Iostreams doesn't
sound correct. After all, another Boost library may well want to use zlib
too. But the less-incorrect answers to this will take us in interesting
directions.