Subject: Re: [boost] Regarding GSoc 2019
From: David Bellot (david.bellot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-11 00:18:56

> In Boost.uBLAS library, I want to know if there's some work done for python
> integration previously or not.

Python integration?
So far no, and as far as I'm concerned, it's unlikely in the future. uBlas
is a linear algebra library for C++. We do not plan to support other
languages for the time being.
Moreover, if we would support other languages, it would be a great amount
of work, because, we would have to target the common scientific languages
first, that is R, Julia, Matlab and Octave. I wouldn't mind seeing such an
integration, but there is to be a serious need and use case for that. It's
not a simple task

If you're interested in participating in GSoC'19 with Boost, please first
read https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019

Cheers,
David