Subject: [boost] GSoC'19 [Boost.Geometry : Implementing algorithms for the concave hull problem]
From: yaghyavardhan singh khangarot (yaghyavardhan.singh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-19 23:31:37

Hi,

I am interested in contributing to Boost.Geometry and would like to work on the
Project 1 (Implementing algorithms for the concave hull problem) as my
GsoC’19 project.

I had some discussion regarding this with Adam Wulkiewicz. I have read the
paper ( Moreira, Adriano J. C., and Maribel Yasmina Santos. “Concave hull:
A k-nearest neighbors approach for the computation of the region occupied
by a set of points.”) and currently going through the paper “A New Concave
Hull Algorithm and Concaveness Measure for n-dimensional Datasets*” (
https://www.iis.sinica.edu.tw/page/jise/2012/201205_10.pdf )) . These are
the papers given in the project description.

I am also searching for any other algorithms (newer or better) for the
concave hull problem. Please direct me to any other algorithms related to
this project.

Regards

Yaghyavardhan