Subject: Re: [boost] Regarding BOOST.Astronomy GSOC'19
From: Ruchika Joshi (ruchikajoshi266_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-20 05:58:40

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 9:23 PM Sarthak Singhal via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I am Sarthak Singhal currently in my second year pursuing Computer Science
> and Engineering from IIT Kanpur. I have checked out the astronomy library
> of boost and the work done on it in previous year's GSOC.
> I am interested in making contributions to this library. I am proficient in
> C++ and have an experience of about one and a half years. But before that I
> want to complete the programming competency test and wanted to know that
> whether I have to implement the vector class from scratch or I have use the
> part of boost/astronomy/coordinate/cartesian_representation.hpp and some
> other header files.

Making use of boost/astronomy/coordinate/cartesian_representation.hpp for
the task given in the test is actual GSoC project and will be too much
work for the test unless you have found a better way of doing it(I'll be
impressed if you have). Implementing a simple class would be easier and I
had this only in my mind while I was making the test. It's up to you which
method you want to use, but it should satisfy the requirement stated in the
test.

--
Thank you,
Ruchika Joshi