Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.70.0 Beta 1 is now available
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-22 19:31:36

On 22.03.19 13:36, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> degski wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 at 08:33, Raffi Enficiaud via Boost
>> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> > Exactly, and every reference to Windows.h is with W. AFAIR, it was >
>> always like this.
>>
>> I misunderstood the intent of what you we're saying. Whatever commits
>> do, whatever MinGW does, fact is that Windows.h is capitalized (and
>> always has been).
>
> Your "always" doesn't go far back enough. It's capitalized in VS2005,
> and I have no earlier versions here to check, but my memory tells me
> that there was a time it wasn't. Borland 5.5.1 doesn't capitalize it,
> and windowsx.h is not capitalized in the Platform SDK. Plus, all Windows
> programming examples and books I remember used #include <windows.h>,
> without capitalization.

Yes, as far as I remember (AFAIR), which is the context of "always". My
English has "always" been a bit broken.

All in all, this is a non-issue on Windows, and I failed to catch the
problem before it reached master with my CI. It is good that this has
been caught before the release.

Does anyone cross-compile for Windows on Travis?

Raffi