Subject: Re: [boost] [Process] Proposed solution for posix pipes staying open
From: Bills, Jason M (jason.m.bills_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-22 17:37:28

On 3/21/2019 6:01 PM, Klemens via Boost wrote:
> A pull request at GitHub.com/klemens-morgenstern/boost-process would be
> the preferred one for me.
Done. Created pull request #193:
https://github.com/klemens-morgenstern/boost-process/pull/193

> This probably the pipe for error handling, which you can disable with
> ignore_error - though that should be closed after launching the
> process.

Yes, it is the pipe for error handling. I found the ignore_error
setting, which also worked, but needed to be applied to all calls, which
was not ideal.

I see that PR #77 was just merged which added a ::close() call to fix
the same issue that I'm looking at. However, there are still some paths
that return from _read_error() without closing the pipe, so I'm
proposing to move the ::close() call outside of _read_error(), so it
doesn't have to be handled in all return cases.

Thanks!
-Jason