Subject: Re: [boost] Which forum to handle issues/questions regarding libraries
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-25 15:27:39

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 10:18 AM stefan via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 2019-03-25 11:07 a.m., degski via Boost wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 16:48, Robert Ramey via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> ... at least three places to discuss these things: slack, here and
> github
> >> issues for the library in question.
> >>
> > Slack appears to cost money [to Boost.org] (I've been told), per
> (invited)
> > user, so seems to be a bad choice. Why not start the ML, you might find
> > more people interested than you would think.
>
> ...and if it's for "live" discussions, setting up a gitter channel for
> the project might also be an option. Some projects already have one
> (e.g., https://gitter.im/boostorg/gil)

1. You can use the cpplang.slack.com server for free. As someone else
already pays for it for these kinds of uses.
2. You should choose a venue where the people you want to target are active.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything