Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc19] late application for Boost.SafeFloat
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-02 22:15:32

On 4/2/19 2:27 PM, Damian Vicino via Boost wrote:
> You not late, still a week to go :)
> If you applied last year, you can pretty much recycle that application
> since nobody worked on it since then.
> Last year, I was potential mentor in 2 projects, Real and SafeFloat,
> at the end, the best proposal was for Real, so I did mentor a Real
> project.
> This year we have 2 mentors, one for Real and one for SafeFloat, so
> there is bigger chances for it to really happen.
> Please sent me your application asap and I can give you an early
> review before the final submission.
> Best regards,
> Damian
>
> El mar., 2 abr. 2019 a las 16:57, Thomas Ferrand via Boost
> (<boost_at_[hidden]>) escribió:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am a student and I am interested in taking part of GSoC this summer.
>> But I am a little late as the application are due to next week so I was
>> wondering if I could still take part.
>>
>> The project I am interested in is Boost.SafeFloat, mentored by Damian
>> Vicino. As for the competency test, it has already been taken care of as
>> I believe it is the same that last year and I completed it then
>> https://github.com/aTom3333/boost_competency_test/
>>
>> Thomas Ferrand

FYI - I mentored Damian on his safe float project one or two years ago.
My idea was that his work be included in safe numerics. As things
turned out, he got ahead of me so that never happened. In the meantime
I managed to get safe numerics in a good place and have recently begun
looking at Damians code with the idea of incorporating it or some
variation of it as part of safe numerics. Hopefully, this will occur in
the next couple of months.

Robert Ramey