Subject: [boost] [gsoc19] Interested in Boost.Geometry PROJECT 2 (Support for non-cartesian)
From: rika (rika.fujimaki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-03 02:44:32

Hi!

I'm Rika from Japan, currently in 4th grade in the University of Tokyo.
I'm going to take part in GSoC 2019, and interested in Boost.Geometry
PROJECT2 -
"Implement support for non-cartesin geometries in convex_hull()"

I've already done a competency test, and writing a project proposal.

[Competency test]
https://github.com/rika77/boost

I'm seeking for a mentor for this project.
I also have 1 technical question & 1 general:

1. I'm afraid to ask, but what algorithm is currently used in convex_hull()?
I read algorithms/convex_hull.hpp carefully, but I couldn't find out.

2. On GSoC GitHub page, there are 4 projects on Boost.Geometry, but are only
2 potential mentors.
I guess that only 2 students are chosen, right?  I just want to make sure.

Thanks,
Rika

--
Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html