Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc19] Interested in Boost.Geometry PROJECT 2 (Support for non-cartesian)
From: Vissarion Fisikopoulos (fisikop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-03 08:09:38

Dear Rika,

thanks for your interest in this project!

> I'm seeking for a mentor for this project.
> I also have 1 technical question & 1 general:

If your proposal get accepted me and/or Adam will mentor you.

> 1. I'm afraid to ask, but what algorithm is currently used in convex_hull()?
> I read algorithms/convex_hull.hpp carefully, but I couldn't find out.

It is not well documented. But recognising it should have been part of
the test ;)
Anyway, it's https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Algorithm_Implementation/Geometry/Convex_hull/Monotone_chain

> 2. On GSoC GitHub page, there are 4 projects on Boost.Geometry, but are only
> 2 potential mentors.
> I guess that only 2 students are chosen, right? I just want to make sure.

I do not see how this affects the student's proposal but depending on
the quality of the applications
the number of selected students for Boost Geometry will be from zero to two.

Best regards,
Vissarion.