Subject: Re: [boost] To modularize, or not to modularize. What is the plan?
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-05-08 02:11:29

Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 8:40 PM Peter Dimov via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > You'll also need to figure out the include path first somehow,
>
> That's the "it's in a standard location" aspect.

But we abandoned the standard location at step one:

> * Abandon the single header include tree.

Now each library contains its headers, so when building libX, the include
directories of its dependencies need to be in the include path.

This will happen automatically if building with b2 or CMake, assuming that
the dependencies - including the header-only ones - are properly "linked
to". Not when just adding a bag of sources to a project though.