Subject: Re: [boost] To modularize, or not to modularize. What is the plan?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-05-08 02:33:06

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 9:12 PM Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Rene Rivera wrote:
> > On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 8:40 PM Peter Dimov via Boost
> > <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > You'll also need to figure out the include path first somehow,
> >
> > That's the "it's in a standard location" aspect.
>
> But we abandoned the standard location at step one:
>
> > * Abandon the single header include tree.
>
> Now each library contains its headers, so when building libX, the include
> directories of its dependencies need to be in the include path.

That's still a standard location. Just not the merged single standard
location that requires preprocessing to use.

> This will happen automatically if building with b2 or CMake, assuming that
> the dependencies - including the header-only ones - are properly "linked
> to". Not when just adding a bag of sources to a project though.

True.. But users already do similar operations when adding Boost and other
libraries.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything