Subject: Re: [boost] Aggregate usage statistics request for Boost
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-05-09 15:32:01

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:49 AM Dimitri John Ledkov via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 May 2019 at 10:03, Joshua Marshall <jrmarsha_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > A few of us with Boost are trying to decide support of different
> compilers. I know that Ubuntu collects some anonymized statistics which
> could help us some. Could someone please collect and forward the following
> bits of information to boost_at_[hidden] :
> > Install base size of Ubuntu 14.04 to 19.04
> > Per OS version, what versions of GCC, Clang, and Boost are installed on
> what percentage of the install base.
> > --
>
> From Ubuntu development point of view, our biggest concern is that no
> stable releases of boost claim to be supported or tested with the next
> GCC compiler.
>
> For example, for 19.10 we will be switching to GCC-9 by default, yet
> boost 1.70.0 primary test compilers do not include GCC-9 for Linux.
> Ideally, we would like to see boost upstream include next-gcc as part
> of primary or additional test compilers for every boost release.

Dimitri --

Setting up your own test runner and feeding that back into the Boost test
infrastructure is documented here.
    https://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html

We can always use more testers.

-- Marshall (who runs a set of Mac OS testers from his home office)