From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-05-24 16:27:38

Jeff Bonyun wrote:
> The deeper questions here are above my pay grade. I will bend to the whims
> of those with more experience maintaining boost.

There's nothing wrong with your original plan of testing LZMA_VERSION.

WRT testing, packages.ubuntu.com no longer lists Trusty, so I can't verify
the liblzma version there, but Xenial has 5.1.1 alpha, which leads me to
think that Trusty has an older one. So we can test it on Travis, in
principle, and in fact have been testing it. (The Travis default has
switched to Xenial, no now we test 5.1.1, but that's a matter of one dist:
trusty line.)

If we could avoid the need for a configuration macro altogether, that would
be best; how common is liblzma built with --disable-threads? Or, can we
detect that somehow?