From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2019-06-03 09:04:27

-----Original Message-----
From: Boost <boost-bounces_at_[hidden]> On Behalf Of JeanHeyd Meneide via
Boost
Sent: 2 June 2019 20:15
To: boost_at_[hidden] List <boost_at_[hidden]>
Cc: JeanHeyd Meneide <phdofthehouse_at_[hidden]>
Subject: Re: [boost] [ boost.out_ptr ] [ Review Endorsement ] New Library
targeting C++11

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019, 01:45 degski via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 at 05:09, JeanHeyd Meneide via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > Hilariously, doing this has caused MSVC 2015 to roll over and
> > C1001 itself from all the noexcept specifications.
> >

> Amusingly, this tends to happen to people that use outdated compilers.
> Why don't you try VS2019 [and if it then still falls over report a
bug/defect]?

> degski
> --
> @realdegski

Dear Degski,

     It works on VS 2019 and 2017 just fine. I just have to think about what I
should do about VS 2015 (if anything at all), since that compiler claims to be a
C++11 compiler and this is supposed to be a C++11 Library.

Since this is a *new* library, current Boost guidance is that you should not
expend much effort on trying to get it to work with earlier than VS 2017.

Getting your library to work with current VS, GCC and Clang compilers working IS
needed.

Paul

Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse