From: Roberto Hinz (robhz786_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-04 02:31:03

Dear Boost Community,

Naturally, any interest in a new formatting library
must be lower now that fmtlib is approved into C++20.
Still, I'm confident that the library I'm working on has
great potential, so I would like to know your opinions.

   https://github.com/robhz786/stringify

This is a locale-independent formatting library that:
- has great performance ( almost twice as fast as fmtlib )
- can do things that others can't, like encoding conversion.
- is highly customizable. Through "facets" you can specify
  things like numeric punctuation, encoding error handling,
  and the width calculation algorithm.
- is highly extensible. Not only you can add new input types
  with own formatting options and facets, but also easily
  add new output types. The doc has an example of how to
  extend the library to write to QString ( from Qt ).

Actually, I did announce this library about two years ago.
But the design is much enhanced now.
I believe it will be ready for review by the end
of this year. But it may take longer.

I much appreciate any feedback.
Thank you.
Roberto