From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-07 08:26:59

Hi,

> On 6. Jun 2019, at 10:00, Sagnik Dey via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> If someone has a linter setup with appropriate settings, can you please
> share details? I'm working on Boost.Real and would like to have a linter to
> help with coding style consistency. Help is appreciated.

you should follow all the guidelines listed here:

https://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html

Within those guidelines there is still a lot of freedom, especially regarding white space.

For maintaining consistent white space treatment, I find clang-format very useful, but this needs a style file that is set up by the maintainer and put into the library. To complicate matters, different versions of clang-format produce different results based on the same style file.

Best regards,
Hans