From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-16 05:34:35
Dear Boost community,
The formal review of JeanHeyd Meneide's out_ptr library starts Sunday, June
and ends on Wednesday, June 26th.
out_ptr is a library for making it easy to interoperate between smart
pointers and traditional C-style initialization and allocation interfaces.
It also enables doing so in a way that allows library authors to opt into
speed optimizations for their smart pointers that give them performance
equivalent to typical C pointers (see benchmarks (
and the Standard C++ proposal for more details).
Online docs can be found here:
The GitHub repository is available here:
Also, there is an associated standards proposal:
We encourage your participation in this review. At a minimum, please state:
- Whether you believe the library should be accepted into Boost
- Your name
- Your knowledge of the problem domain
You are strongly encouraged to also provide additional information:
- What is your evaluation of the library's:
- Did you attempt to use the library? If so:
* Which compiler(s)?
* What was the experience? Any problems?
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation of the review?
All issues discussed during this review will be tracked on the library's
GitHub issue tracker at https://github.com/ThePhD/out_ptr/issues.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk