From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-21 00:47:35

On 6/20/19 16:32, Alex J via Boost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can see that boost has updated their code to support MSVC14.2 builds.
> However according to latest 1.70 docs, they are not testing on 14.2
> compiler. When can we expect boost to include 14.2 as one of their
> primary test compilers ?
>
> Thanks
> Alex

Testing resources are donated by the community. By looking at the test
matrix, there are a few 14.2 testers
<https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/summary.html>

Keep in mind that 14.2 was released on April 2nd and Boost 1.70.0's
final release was on April 11. Some testing was done to understand the
viability of the release with 14.2 but generally we aren't going to hold
up a Boost release for a compiler release.

Boost 1.71.0 is scheduled to be released on August 14th.

--
Michael Caisse
Ciere Consulting