From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-28 06:12:38

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 at 08:30, nunna, sarath babu (GE Healthcare) via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 1.47 boost is not being built with VS2017.
> We want to get boost 1.47 built with VS2017, So that we can integrate them
> with our VS2017 code base.

I would like to get a square peg in a round hole too!

Like John Maddock already wrote you, Boost-1.47, released 11 July 2011,
pre-dates VS2017, by almost 6 years [year with major upheaval in C++
standards and compiler development]. So there is no way to build a reliable
Boost-1.47 with VS2017, released 7 March 2017.

Maybe you are using a heavily modified [or certified] Boost and are
therefor bound to that version [but then you should use a compiler that
matched [and tested] that release (VS2010), because then the bugs (in
Boost) will balance out the bugs in the compiler/libs], but otherwise, the
best thing is to use the latest and the greatest.

degski

--
@realdegski
https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2019/06/middleeast/saudi-teen-death-penalty-intl/