From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-07-02 10:36:31

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 at 09:16, nunna, sarath babu (GE Healthcare) via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> So far we have used Boost 1.47 VS2010 built binaries integrated with our
> VS2010 Code Base .
> But now we are upgrading VS2010 to VS2017 of our product code base, also
> we tried Boost 1.70 boost built using VS2017 and integrated with our VS2017
> code base.
>
> Our product should be compatible with older versions of all tools
> including boost.
> We have not faced any issues except boost.
>
> Issue:
> 1.7 boost is not able to communicate to 1.47 boost and giving
> "SERIALIZATION ERRORS".
> 1.47 boost is not able to communicate with 1.7 boost and giving
> "SERIALIZATION ERRORS".
>

> Please help us and let us know which boost version we could upgrade that
> can be compatible with 1.47.
>
> Note: The customer is already using 1.47 2010 boost binaries with built
> VS2010 product which we can't change.
> Please suggest us the resolution or the version that we should use.

According to this
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_70_0/libs/serialization/doc/release.html ,
there should not be any issues, so you probably need to be a bit more
specific about what "xxx boost is not able to communicate to yyy" means in
terms of error-message(s). This assumes the serialization was done with
boost-1.47 (as you can read that 1.42-1.44 have issues, i.e. bug(s)).

But, as a fix/work-around, what about de-serializing [the data you have]
with 1.47 and re-serializing with 1.70?

degski

--
@realdegski